Saturday, September 29, 2007

Maryn Turns 4


December 30, 2007

Sorry for the out of order post, but we can't forget Maryn's birthday. I am sure this is not the last time we'll get accused of glossing over her birthday because it is over the holidays.

Maryn came down the morning of her birthday dressed as a princess. She got some very stylish dress up clothes for Christmas, and was putting them to good use. She played the diva and even had several wardrobe changes throughout the day.

The kids traditionally get to pick their special birthday dinner. Maryn chose tacos...yummy! Not that I planned this, but every year, we have made Maryn cupcakes instead of a big cake for her birthday. I gave her the option of a big cake this year and she wanted to stick with cupcakes. I made half in cupcake papers and the other half in ice cream cones. I decorated the ice cream cone-cakes to look like chocolate soft serve. Pretty slick, I think.

Maryn, waiting very patiently for her birthday dinner to start















Yummy!! Tacos and cupcakes. What a great birthday meal. (Notice Maryn is now dressed in yet another princess dress)





















With her haul...butterflies to paint with GrammaRia and then hang in her room, a German porcelain doll from Ed and Shelly, Polly Pocket from Sean and Will and special birthday clothes for Bitty Baby and Bitty Bear









No comments: